Used for divination and for transmitting secret messages.
Each letter is named for a tree. I message could be spelled out by stringing out the right sort of leaves
in order on a cord or wand. "blank leaves" not included in the alphabet could be used to divide words or
sometimes nonletter leaves could be inserted to make the message more cryptic.
Messages from Trees
- B ~ birch ~ beith
- L ~ rowan ~ luis
- N ~ ash ~ nuin
- F ~ alder ~ fearn
- S ~ white willow ~ salle
- H ~ hawthorn ~ uath
- D ~ oak ~ duir
- T ~ holly ~ tinne
- C ~ hazel ~ coll
- M ~ blackberry ~ muin
- G ~ ivy ~ gort
- P ~ dwarf elder ~ pethboc
- R ~ elder ~ ruis
- A ~ scots pine tree ~ ailm
- O ~ gorse bush ~ oir
- U ~ heather ~ ur
- E ~ aspen ~ edhadh
- I ~ yew ~ iodha
- NG ~ reed~ ngetal
- STR ~ black thorn~ straif
- Q or CW ~ apple~ quert
Lessons from Trees.
- It's important to have roots.
- In today's complex world, it pays to branch out.
- If you really believe in something, don't be afraid to go out on a limb.
- Be flexible so you don't break when a harsh wind blows.
- Sometimes you have to shed your old bark in order to grow.
- If you want to maintain accurate records, keep a log.
- It's okay to be a late bloomer.
- Avoid people who would like to cut you down.
- As you approach the autumn of your life, you will show your true colours.
- You could be Brilliant! In other words... "bloom where you are planted".